Shilpa Shetty Statement Taken In husband Raj Kundra’s case
Shilpa Shetty is being quizzed by property cell on the porn racket. Her statement will be recorded today, Crime Branch sources told CNN News18. The Mumbai Crime Branch also wants to probe bank accounts of Shilpa Shetty. They want to check if the financial proceeds from the app subscription, were then parked into her Shilpa Shetty’s accounts or not.
The crime branch team had reached Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra’s residence in Mumbai’s Juhu area earlier today. The officials were likely to conduct fresh raids in the house as they had arrived with Kundra, who was sent to the police custody till July 27 earlier in the day following his arrest on July 19 in a case related to the alleged creation of pornographic films.
Kundra and his business associate Ryan Thorpe were produced before the Magistrate Court at the end of their earlier three-day police remand on Friday. Police sought an extension of their custody to probe the matter further.
The police had earlier told the court that the 45-year-old businessman was gaining financially from the illegal activity of making and selling pornographic material. The police had claimed they have seized Kundra’s mobile phone and its contents need to be scrutinised and also his business dealings and transactions have to be looked into.about:blankabout:blank
Shilpa Shetty is one of the directors of Viaan Industries. The police investigation is probing into Kenrin, which is a UK-based company and owner of the HotShots app, where the alleged porn content was published.
Meanwhile, actress-model Poonam Pandey, who had filed a police complaint against Kundra in 2019 for alleged fraud and theft, has alleged that Kundra had approached her for the HotShots app. She alleged that when she refuted his offer, Kundra leaked her number with objectionable messages.